cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Dawrani <roshandawr...@gmail.com>
Subject Cassandra 0.8.5: Column name mystery in create column family command
Date Tue, 22 May 2012 11:09:38 GMT
Hi,

I use Cassandra 0.8.5 and am suddenly noticing some strange behavior. I run
a "create column family" command with some column meta-data and it runs
fine, but when I do "describe keyspace", it shows me different column names
for those index columns.

a) Here is what I run:
"create column family UserTemplate with comparator=BytesType and
column_metadata=[{*column_name: userid*, validation_class: UTF8Type,
index_type: KEYS, index_name: TemplateUserIdIdx}, {*column_name: type*,
validation_class: UTF8Type, index_type: KEYS, index_name:
TemplateTypeIdx}];"

b) This is what "describe keyspace" shows:
    ColumnFamily: UserTemplate
      Key Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
      Built indexes: [UserTemplate.TemplateTypeIdx,
UserTemplate.TemplateUserIdIdx]
      Column Metadata:
        *Column Name: ffffff*
          Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
          Index Name: TemplateUserIdIdx
          Index Type: KEYS
        *Column Name: 0dfffaff*
          Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.UTF8Type
          Index Name: TemplateTypeIdx
          Index Type: KEYS

Does anyone see why this must be happening? I have created many such column
families before and never run into this issue.

--
Roshan
http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/