cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Christof Bornhoevd <cbornho...@gmail.com>
Subject java.net.SocketTimeoutException while Trying to Drop a Collection
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 23:44:47 GMT
Hello,

We are using Cassandra 1.0.8 with Hector 1.0-5 on both Windows and Linux. In
our development/test environment we always recreate the schema in Cassandra
(first dropping all ColumnFamilies then recreating them) and then seeding
the test data. We simply use
cluster.dropColumnFamily(keyspace.getKeyspaceName(),
collectionName); to drop ColumnFamilies. The client is using
ThriftFramedTransport (configurator.setUseThriftFramedTransport(*true*);).

Every so often we run into the following exception (with different ColumnFa
milies):

Caused by: me.prettyprint.hector.api.exceptions.HectorTransportException:
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException:

at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.ExceptionsTranslatorImpl.translate(Exce
ptionsTranslatorImpl.java:33)

at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.AbstractCluster$7.execute(AbstractClust
er.java:279)

at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.AbstractCluster$7.execute(AbstractClust
er.java:266)

at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.Operation.executeAndSetResult(Operation
.java:103)

at me.prettyprint.cassandra.connection.HConnectionManager.operateWithFailov
er(HConnectionManager.java:258)

at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.AbstractCluster.dropColumnFamily(Abstra
ctCluster.java:283)

at me.prettyprint.cassandra.service.AbstractCluster.dropColumnFamily(Abstra
ctCluster.java:261)

at com.supervillains.plouton.cassandradatastore.CassandraDataStore.deleteCo
llection(CassandraDataStore.java:195)

... 57 more

Is this problem related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-3551>
3551 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-> (which should have
been fixed with Cassandra 1.0.6) or could there be anything we do wrong
here?

Thanks in advance for any kind help!

Chris