cassandra-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Eric Evans <eev...@acunu.com>
Subject Re: 1.0.6 -> 1.1.0 nodetool ownership report, and other anomalies
Date Thu, 17 May 2012 15:59:26 GMT
On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Ron Siemens <rsiemens@greatergood.com> wrote:
>
> I upgraded to 1.0.6 to 1.1.0, and I noticed the effective ownership report changed.
>
> I have a 3-node cluster, with evenly divided tokens and RF=2.  The node tool report
on 1.0.6 was:
>
> 33.33%  0
> 33.33%  56713727820156410577229101238628035243
> 33.33%  113427455640312821154458202477256070485
>
> Under 1.1.0 it is
>
> 66.67%  0
> 66.67%  56713727820156410577229101238628035243
> 66.67%  113427455640312821154458202477256070485
>
> Does the updated reporting in 1.1.0 include the replicated data and before it didn't?

Yes.

> As long as I'm posting, I'll report other anomalies that I witnessed but overcame.
>
> I eventually gave up trying to do a live rolling update because it complained certain
column families didn't exist.  Like this:  This doesn't appear to be any CF I am using.
>
> ERROR [ReadStage:69680] 2012-05-02 01:54:14,995 AbstractCassandraDaemon.java (line 133)
Fatal exception
> in thread Thread[ReadStage:69680,5,main]
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown CF 1851
>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy$DroppableRunnable.run(StorageProxy.java:1238)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown CF 1851
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.getColumnFamilyStore(Table.java:167)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.getColumnFamilyStore(Table.java:160)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.Table.getRow(Table.java:374)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.db.SliceByNamesReadCommand.getRow(SliceByNamesReadCommand.java:58)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy$LocalReadRunnable.runMayThrow(StorageProxy.java:766
> )
>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageProxy$DroppableRunnable.run(StorageProxy.java:1234)
>        ... 3 more
>
> I tried repeatedly after various nodetool incantations but never succeeded.  Although
I know it -can- work.  It worked at least once, but I had to rollback to 1.0.6 though, because
I found 1.1.0 was using the new SnappyCompression.  But my target OS is Solaris, and there's
only 3 included libraries in the jar for SnappyCompression - Solaris not included.  So I
had to update all my column family creation code to explicitly set compression to the previous
JavaDeflate default.  That new default was annoying.

It doesn't ring a bell; For something like this, it would be great to
have a ticket with details on your environment, steps to reproduce,
the full output of the logs, and where possible, the data.

-- 
Eric Evans
Acunu | http://www.acunu.com | @acunu

Mime
View raw message