cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Frequently Updated Wide Rows - Suggestions
Date Wed, 16 May 2012 09:23:31 GMT
That scenario can result in slower reads than narrow rows that are updated less frequently.

Like most things it depends. Do you have a feel for how wide and what the update pattern is
like ?

Things like levelled compaction (http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/leveled-compaction-in-apache-cassandra)
can help. It's also pretty easy to run up a proof of concept to see what the read performance
is like.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer