cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Luís Ferreira <zamith...@gmail.com>
Subject Timeout Exception in get_slice
Date Sat, 05 May 2012 19:14:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm doing get_slice on huge rows (3 million columns) and even though I am doing it iteratively
I keep getting TimeoutExceptions. I've tried to change the number of columns fetched but it
did not work.

I have a 5 machine cluster, each with 4GB of which 3 are dedicated to cassandra's heap, but
still the all consume all of the memory and get huge IO wait due to the amout of reads.

I am running tests with 100 clients all performing multiple operations mostly get_slice, get
and multi_get, but the timeouts only occur in the get_slice.

Does this have anything to do with cassandra's ability (or lack thereof) to keep the rows
in memory? Or am I doing anything wrong? Any tips?

Cumpliments,
Luís Ferreira