cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: enforcing ordering
Date Tue, 08 May 2012 10:09:59 GMT
Can you store the corrections in a separate CF?

When the client reads the key, reads from the original the corrects CF at the same time. Apply
the correction only on the client side.

When you have confirmed the ingest has completed, run a background jobs to apply the corrections,
store the updated values and delete the correction data.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 8/05/2012, at 9:35 PM, Franc Carter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if there is a common 'pattern' to address a scenario we will have to deal
with.

> We will be storing a set of Column/Value pairs per Key where the Column/Values are read
from a set of files that we download regularly. We need the loading to be resilient and we
can receive corrections for some of the Column/Values that can only be loaded after the initial
data has been inserted.

> The challenge we have is that we have a strong preference for active/active loading of
data and can't see how to achieve this without some form of serialisation (which Cassandra
doesn't support - correct ?)