cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Williams <je...@wherethebitsroam.com>
Subject Re: Does or will Cassandra support OpenJDK ?
Date Tue, 15 May 2012 06:02:14 GMT
I've used java-package under Debian (http://wiki.debian.org/JavaPackage) which turns your download
from Oracle into a .deb. This may work on Ubuntu as well.

here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Java#JRE_only

> I've also use open JDK for java 6 on ubuntu without issue. You will want to edit cassandra-env.sh
to enable the jamm memory meter though, just comment out the if statement and leave the JVM_OPS…
line un commented.

> Cheers
>

> -----------------
> Aaron Morton
> Freelance Developer
> @aaronmorton
> http://www.thelastpickle.com
>
> On 15/05/2012, at 2:33 AM, Jeremiah Jordan wrote:
>
>> Open JDK is java 1.7.  Once Cassandra supports Java 1.7 it would most likely work
on Open JDK, as the 1.7 Open JDK really is the same thing as Oracle JDK 1.7 without some licensed
stuff.

>> -Jeremiah
>>
>> On May 11, 2012, at 10:02 PM, ramesh wrote:
>>
>>> I've had problem downloading the Sun (Oracle) JDK and found this thread where
the Oracle official is insisting or rather forcing Linux users to move to OpenJDK. Here is
the thread

>>> https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2365607
>>>
>>> I need this because I run Cassandra.
>>> Just curious to know if I would be able to avoid the pain of using Sun JDK in
future for production Cassandra ?