cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brosius <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject Re: Retrieving old data version for a given row
Date Sun, 13 May 2012 23:25:46 GMT
The only way you could get the old value for a column would be to insert
the column value, then flush, then insert the new column, then before
compaction look at the old sstable.

If you insert the value twice in a row without a flush, the old value is
gone, as it only exists in memtables (and in the commit log - of course).

Hopefully you want this information for learning purposes only, and
aren't actually using this for real purposes.