cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Use-case: multi-instance webshop
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 10:38:20 GMT
It's hard to beat Solr for seach and faceted navigation.

Perhaps consider using Cassandra and Solr or take a look at http://www.datastax.com/products/enterprise

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 8/05/2012, at 11:06 PM, R. Verlangen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm working on a datamodel for a multi-website, multi-customer system. Things we would
like to do:
> - search products (lucene / solr / solandra)
> - multi-filter (e.g. categories)
> - reviews
> - voting
>
> I can't really see how to do the filtering of the products by categories and even things
like price (ranges would be possible with C*).

> Is Cassandra a fit for this use-case or should we just stick with the oldskool MySQL
and put things like votes, reviews etc in our C* store?