cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Schema changes not getting picked up from different process
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 22:12:39 GMT
What clients are the scripts using ? This sounds like something that should be handled in the
client.

I would worry about holding a long running connection to a single node. There are several
situations where the correct behaviour for a client is to kill a connection and connect to
another node.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/05/2012, at 12:11 AM, Victor Blaga wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> 2012/5/25 Dave Brosius <dbrosius@mebigfatguy.com>
> What version are you using?
>
> I am using version 1.1.0
>
> It might be related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-4052
>
>  Indeed the Issue you suggested goes into the direction of my problem. However, things
are a little bit more complex. I used the cassandra-cli just for this example, although I'm
getting this behavior from other clients (I'm using python and ruby scripts). Basically I'm
modifying the schema through the ruby script and I'm trying to query and insert data through
the python script. Both of the scripts are meant to be on forever (sort of daemons) and thus
they establish once at start a connection to the Cassandra which is kept alive.

> I can see from the comments on the issue that keeping a long-lived connection to the
Cluster might not be ideal and it would probably be better to reconnect upon executing a set
of queries.