cassandra-user mailing list archives

From DE VITO Dominique <dominique.dev...@thalesgroup.com>
Subject what about an "hybrid" partitioner for CF with composite row key ?
Date Thu, 24 May 2012 13:47:01 GMT
Hi,

We have defined a CF with a composite row key that sounds like (folder id, doc id).

For our app, one very common pattern is accessing, through one ui action, some bunch of data
with the following row keys: (id, id_1), (id, id_2), (id, id_3)...
So, multiple rows are accessed, but all row keys have the same 1st part "folder id".

* with the BOP: for one ui action, one simple node is requested (in average), but it's much
harder to balances the cluster nodes
* with the RP: for one ui action, many nodes may be requested, but it's simpler to balance
the cluster

one sweeter(?) partitioner would be a partitioner that would distribute a row according only
to the first part of its key (= according to "folder id" only).

Is it doable to implement such a partitioner ?
Thanks.

Regards,
Dominique