cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: High CPU load on Cassandra Node
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 21:58:13 GMT
> Further I need to understand that for internal read/write does cassandra uses thrift for
doing so over an rpc connection(port 9160) or 7000 as for inter node communication.May be
that also could be a reason for so many connections on 9160.
Uses 7000

> What I could see from Ganglia is high CPU load on this server and also number of TCP
connection on port 9160 is around 600+ all the time.The distribution of these connections
say that we have connections from this machine to other DC machines are around 90 odd each.
For port 7000 its around 45.
Could these be hadoop tasks that are still running ?

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton