If you give Virgil a try, let me know how it goes.
The REST layer is pretty solid, but the gui is just a PoC which makes it easy to see what's in the CFs during development/testing.
(It's only a couple hundred lines of ExtJS code built on the REST layer)

We had plans to add CQL to the gui for CRUD, but never got around to it.

-brian