cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Ravikumar Govindarajan <ravikumar.govindara...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: migrating from SimpleStrategy to NetworkTopologyStrategy
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 05:45:32 GMT
We tried this route previously. We did not run repair at all {our use-cases
don't need a repair} but while adding a secondary data center, we were
forced to run repair. It ended up exploding the data.

We finally had to start afresh, scrapped the cluster and re-import the data
with NTS. Now, whether we require repair or not, we are running it
regularly!!!

I feel that it should be alright to migrate to NTS, if you run repairs
regularly and keep the cluster healthy.

Regards,
Ravi