cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Rob Coli <rc...@palominodb.com>
Subject Re: Taking a Cluster Wide Snapshot
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 05:45:02 GMT
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Shubham Srivastava
<Shubham.Srivastava@makemytrip.com> wrote:
> On another thought I could also try copying the data of my keyspace alone from one node
to another node in the new cluster (I have both the old and new clusters having same nodes
DC1:6,DC2:6 with same tokens) with the same tokens.

> Would there be any risk of the new cluster getting joined to the old cluster probably
if the data inside keyspace is aware of the original IP's etc.

As a result of this very concern while @ Digg...

tl;dr : as long as your cluster names are unique in your cluster
config (**and you do not copy the System keyspace, letting the new
cluster initialize with the new cluster name**), nodes are at no risk
of joining the wrong cluster.

=Rob

--
=Robert Coli