cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Shoaib Mir <>
Subject Re: key cache size calculation
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 04:14:00 GMT
On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:49 AM, aaron morton <>wrote:

> Take a look at the key cache hit rate in nodetool cfstats.
> One approach is to increase the cache size until you do not see a matching
> increase in the hit rate.

Thanks Aaron, what do you think will be the ideal cache hit ratio where we
want this particular DB server to do around 5-6K responses per second?
right now it is doing just 2-3K per second and the cache hit ratio I can
see with cfstats is around the 85-90%. Do you think having a higher cache
hit ratio around the 95% mark will help with getting a high throughput as

View raw message