cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Maintain sort order on updatable property and pagination
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 03:41:36 GMT
> . Is there a better way to solve this in real time.
Not really. If however you can send a row level delete before the insert you dont need to
read first. Of course that deletes all the other data :)

If you create a secondary index on a column value, the index will be updated when you change
the value. Note that it has to do the same thing you do: read and delete the old value.

> Also for pagination, we have to set range for columnNames. If we know the last page's
last columnName we can get the next page. What if we want to go from page 2 to page 6, this
seems impossible as of now. Any suggestion?
You will need to read the intermediate pages.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 26/04/2012, at 11:28 PM, Rajat Mathur wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am using property of columns i.e., they are in sorted order to store sort orders (I
believe everyone else is also using the same).
> But if I want to maintain sort order on a property, whose value changes, I would have
to perform read and delete operation. Is there a better way to solve this in real time.