cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Watanabe Maki <watanabe.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: By passing Socket communication
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:18:36 GMT
You can get some idea from reading org.apache.cassandra.thrift.CassandraServer.java, but I
wonder what kind of use case will justify such effort.

From iPhone

On 2012/04/19, at 18:17, Tarun Gupta <tarun.gupta@technogica.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am interesting in knowing what is the best way to create my Cassandra Client bypassing
the Socket communication and directly interacting with the 'Storage Manager'. I checked Cassandra
Wiki and some of the Hector Examples, mostly what I see is that Cassandra when run in embedded
mode, requires us to use the rpc_port: 9160 for communication with the database.