cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Trouble with wrong data
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:42:13 GMT
> However after recovering from this issue (freeing some space and fixing the value of
"commitlog_total_space_in_mb" in cassandra.yaml)
Did the commit log grow larger than commitlog_total_space_in_mb ?

> I realized that all statistics were all destroyed. I have bad values on every single
counter since I start using them (september) !
Counter operations are not idempotent. If you client retries a counter operation it may result
in the increment been applied twice. Could this have been your issue ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11/04/2012, at 2:35 AM, Alain RODRIGUEZ wrote:

> By the way, I am using Cassandra 1.0.7, CL = ONE (R/W), RF = 2, 2 EC2 c1.medium nodes
cluster

> Alain
>
> 2012/4/10 Alain RODRIGUEZ <arodrime@gmail.com>
> Hi, I'm experimenting a strange and very annoying phenomena.
>
> I had a problem with the commit log size which grew too much and full one of the hard
disks in all my nodes almost at the same time (2 nodes only, RF=2, so the 2 nodes are behaving
exactly in the same way)

> My data are mounted in an other partition that was not full. However after recovering
from this issue (freeing some space and fixing the value of  "commitlog_total_space_in_mb"
in cassandra.yaml) I realized that all statistics were all destroyed. I have bad values on