cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <mdione....@orange.com>
Subject blob fields, bynary or hexa?
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 10:02:34 GMT

  We're building a database to stock the avatars for our users in three sizes. Thing is,
We planned to use the blob field with a ByteType validator, but if we try to inject the
binary data as read from the image file, we get a <cannot parse as hex bytes> error.
The
same happens if we convert the binary data to its base64 representation. So far the only
solutions we found is to actually convert the binary data to its 'string of hexa
representations of each byte', meaning that each binary byte is actually stocked as two
'ascii bytes'; or, on the other hand, convert to bas64 and store it in a ascii column.
Did we miss something?

--
Marcos Dione
SysAdmin

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou
falsifie. Merci.

be protected by law;
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been
modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.