cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Igor <i...@4friends.od.ua>
Subject Re: size tiered compaction - improvement
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:08:53 GMT
I'll try to explain in more details:

Assume I insert all my data with TTL=2weeks and let we have sstable A
which was created week ago at the time T, so I know that right now it
contain:

1) some data that were inserted not later than T and may-be not expired yet
2) some amount of data that were already close to expiration due TTL at
the time T, but still had no chances to be wiped out because up to the
current moment size-tiered compaction did not involve A into compactions.

Large amount of data from 2) became expired in a week after time T and
probably passed gc_grace period, so it shoould be wiped at any
compaction on table A.

Or I missed something?