cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Trevor Francis <trevor.fran...@tgrahamcapital.com>
Subject Re: Lexer error at char '\u201C'
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 04:46:29 GMT
it pukes:

ERROR com.cloudera.flume.conf.SinkFactoryImpl: Could not find class org.apache.cassandra.plugins.flume.sink.LogsandraSyslogSink
for plugin loading

followed the read me to a "t"

<property>
    <name>flume.plugin.classes</name>
    <value>org.apache.cassandra.plugins.flume.sink.SimpleCassandraSink,org.apache.cassandra.plugins.flume.sink.LogsandraSyslogSink</value>
    <description>Comma separated list of plugin classes</description>
  </property>

Weird:

Trevor Francis

On Apr 18, 2012, at 11:39 PM, Nick Bailey wrote:

> https://github.com/thobbs/flume-cassandra-plugin
>
> I think that is fairly up to date, right Tyler?
>
> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM, Trevor Francis <trevor.francis@tgrahamcapital.com>
wrote:
> …..slaps himself.
>
> Oh you guys at Datastax are great. I have deployed a small Cassandra cluster using your
community edition. Actually currently working on making Flume use cassandra as a sink…..unsuccessfully.
However, I did just get this Flume error fixed.

> Are you aware of any cassandra sinks that actually work for Flume?
>

> Trevor Francis
>

> On Apr 18, 2012, at 11:12 PM, Tyler Hobbs wrote:
>
>> This... looks like Flume.  Are you sure you've got the right mailing list?
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM, Trevor Francis <trevor.francis@tgrahamcapital.com>
wrote:
>> Trying to add an agent config through the master web server to point to a collector
node, getting:

>> FAILED	 config [10.38.20.197, tailDir("/var/log/acc/", ".*", true, 0), agentDFOSink(“10.38.20.203”,35853)]
 Attempted to write an invalid sink/source: Lexer error at char '\u201C' at line 1 char 13