cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jeremiah Jordan <JEREMIAH.JOR...@morningstar.com>
Subject Re: Resident size growth
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 14:15:57 GMT
He says he disabled JNA.  You can't mmap without JNA can you?

On Apr 9, 2012, at 4:52 AM, aaron morton wrote:

see http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/FAQ#mmap

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com<http://www.thelastpickle.com/>

On 9/04/2012, at 5:09 AM, ruslan usifov wrote:

mmap sstables? It's normal

2012/4/5 Omid Aladini <omidaladini@gmail.com<mailto:omidaladini@gmail.com>>
Hi,

I'm experiencing a steady growth in resident size of JVM running
Cassandra 1.0.7. I disabled JNA and off-heap row cache, tested with
and without mlockall disabling paging, and upgraded to JRE 1.6.0_31 to
prevent this bug [1] to leak memory. Still JVM's resident set size
grows steadily. A process with Xmx=2048M has grown to 6GB resident
size and one with Xmx=8192M to 16GB in a few hours and increasing. Has
anyone experienced this? Any idea how to deal with this issue?

Thanks,
Omid

[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7066129