cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: json2sstable error: Can not write to the Standard columns Super Column Family
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:38:17 GMT
Your json is for a standard CF but you are trying to load it into a super CF.

There is a dedicated bulk loader interface you may find useful http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11/04/2012, at 2:22 AM, Aliou SOW wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am new to Cassandra 1.0.8, and I use the tool json2sstable for bulk insert, but I still
have the error:

> java.lang.RuntimeException: Can not write to the Standard columns Super Column Family.
>          Has org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableImport.importSorted (SSTableImport.java:
368)
>          Has org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableImport.importJson (SSTableImport.java:
255)
>          Has org.apache.cassandra.tools.SSTableImport.main (SSTableImport.java: 479)
> ERROR: Can not write to the Standard columns Super Column Family.
>
> Before that, i first created a keyspace "testkeyspace", then a column family "testCF"
wherein I defined the key as varchar. Here is the structure of my json file: