cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Using Thrift
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 21:32:17 GMT
I would recommend starting with a higher level client like Hector or Astyanax http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/ClientOptions

They have *a lot* of features and will make it easier to focus on learning how to use Cassandra.
Then when you know what you like or do not like about the existing clients, try to improve
them or write your own.

Hope that helps.

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 2/04/2012, at 11:12 PM, Rishabh Agrawal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just started exploring Cassandra from java side and using wish to use thrift as
my api. The problem is whenever is I try to compile my java code I get following error :

> “package org.slf4j does not exist”
>
> Can anyone help me with this.
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Rishabh Agrawal
>

> Impetus to sponsor and exhibit at Structure Data 2012, NY; Mar 21-22. Know more about
our Big Data quick-start program at the event.

> New Impetus webcast ‘Cloud-enabled Performance Testing vis-à-vis On-premise’ available
at http://bit.ly/z6zT4L.

interception or interference.