cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Trevor Francis <trevor.fran...@tgrahamcapital.com>
Subject Write Performance
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:24:42 GMT
Would there be any reason why I can't write more than 875 writes/sec to a cluster of 2 cassandra
boxes? They are quad core machines with 8gb of ram running raid 10, so not huge servers….but
certainly enough to handle a much larger load than that.

We are feeding data into it through a Flume sink. The disk io remains nearly nil along with
load average across the cluster, but writes peak there. The data being written in is small
(150-bytes). VNstat reveals ethernet bandwidth not exceeding 2mb/sec.

Not sure if this is a cassandra issue or a flume issue.

Thoughts?

Trevor Francis