cassandra-user mailing list archives

From <mdione....@orange.com>
Subject RE: Bad Request: No indexed columns present in by-columns clause with "equals" operator
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:33:24 GMT
De : mdione.ext@orange.com [mailto:mdione.ext@orange.com]
>   Should I understand that when the indexes are finished being built a)
> the «Built indexes» list should be empty and b) there should be no pending
> compactions? Because that's exactly what I have now but I still can't
> use the column HBX_FIL_STATUS in the where clause...

  Ok, answering myself a little: it's more strange than that. When indexes are
finished being built, they appear in the list, and there should be no compactions
or anything else in «nodetool compactionstats», or at least none related to indexes.

  Also useful: you'll see this type of messages in the system log (if the log level
is low enough):

INFO [Creating index: hbx_file_test2.hbx_file_test2_hbx_fil_date_idx] 2012-04-25 16:04:48,666
SecondaryIndex.java (line 191) Index build of hbx_file_test2.hbx_file_test2_hbx_fil_date_idx
complete

  Now, back to my problem. We have a 6 node cluster in 2 datacenters,
the KS has a CF of 4 (2 in each DC). I created the index in node 1, but
node 4 did all the work (we have log level down to debug, so we can see
these kind of things, and also the creation appears in the output of
«nodetool compactionstats» as noted above). We have seen similar messages
in 4 nodes, but not all 6. And now we can make the query on any of the 4
nodes with success.

  But, and of course there's a but, we can't in the other 2, we still
get the error in the subject. And of course we see a difference in
for the 4 nodes where the query works, and «Built indexes: []».

  No surprises there, except that it doesn't make any sense to us.
How to continue?

--
Marcos Dione
SysAdmin

et ne doivent donc
erreur, veuillez le signaler
susceptibles d'alteration,
France Telecom - Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou
falsifie. Merci.

be protected by law;
and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, France Telecom - Orange is not liable for messages that have been
modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.