cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Watanabe Maki <watanabe.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Will Cassandra balance load across replicas?
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2012 00:21:06 GMT
In your case, cassandra will read the data from the nearest node, and read digest from other
two nodes.
When those read meet requested consistency level, cassandra will return the result.

maki

From iPhone

On 2012/04/06, at 1:22, zhiming shen <zhiming.shim@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. My question is about the impact of replication on load balancing.
Say we have nodes ABCD... in the ring. ReplicationFactor is 3 so the data on A will also have
replicas on B and C. If we are reading data own by A, and A is already very busy, will the
requests be forwarded to B and C? How about update requests?

> Thanks,
>

> Zhiming
>
> On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM, Watanabe Maki <watanabe.maki@gmail.com> wrote:
> I assume you are talking about nodes, rather than replicas.
> The data distribution over ring depends on Partitioner and Replica placement strategy
you use.
> If you are using Random Partitioner and Simple Strategy, your data will be automatically
distributed over the nodes in the ring.

> maki
>

> On 2012/04/05, at 12:31, zhiming shen <zhiming.shim@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can any one tell me whether Cassandra can do load balancing across replicas? How
to configure it for this purpose? Thanks very much.