cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: a very simple indexing question (strange thing seen in CLI)
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2012 09:49:03 GMT
> First off, why do I see (01)? I have a similar CF where I just see "1".
The CF uses BytesType as the comparator, which displays values as Hex. 01 is the hex representation
of 1.

> Before inserting the data, I did "assume" to ascii
> on the keys, comparator and validator.
This is a feature of cassandra-cli and does not change the server side schema.

> What is happening? Sorry for the admittedly trivial question, obviously I'm stuck with
something quite simple
> which I managed to do with zero effort in the past.
This works for me:

[default@dev] get files where '1'='1460103677';

0 Row Returned.

This fails.

[default@dev] assume files comparator as ascii;
Assumption for column family 'files' added successfully.
[default@dev] get files where '01'='1460103677';
No indexed columns present in index clause with operator EQ
[default@dev]

Do you still have the assume present ?

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 8/04/2012, at 12:48 PM, Maxim Potekhin wrote:

> Greetings,
> Cassandra 0.8.8 is used.
>
> I'm trying to create an additional CF which is trivial in all respects. Just ascii columns
and a few indexes.

> This is how I add an index:
> update column family files with column_metadata = [{column_name : '1',  validation_class
: AsciiType, index_type : 0, index_name : 'pandaid'}];

> When I do "show keyspaces", I see this:
>
>    ColumnFamily: files
>      Key Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
>      Default column value validator: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
>      Columns sorted by: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.BytesType
>      Row cache size / save period in seconds: 0.0/0
>      Row Cache Provider: org.apache.cassandra.cache.ConcurrentLinkedHashCacheProvider
>      Key cache size / save period in seconds: 200000.0/14400
>      Memtable thresholds: 2.2828125/1440/487 (millions of ops/minutes/MB)
>      GC grace seconds: 864000
>      Compaction min/max thresholds: 4/32
>      Read repair chance: 1.0
>      Replicate on write: true
>      Built indexes: [files.pandaid]
>      Column Metadata:
>        Column Name:  (01)
>          Validation Class: org.apache.cassandra.db.marshal.AsciiType
>          Index Name: pandaid
>          Index Type: KEYS
>
> First off, why do I see (01)? I have a similar CF where I just see "1". Before inserting
the data, I did "assume" to ascii
> on the keys, comparator and validator. The index has been built. When I try to access
the data via the index, I get this:
> [default@PANDA] get files where '1'='1460103677';
> InvalidRequestException(why:No indexed columns present in index clause with operator
EQ)