Hi All,

While benchmarking Cassandra I found “Mutation Dropped” messages in the logs.  Now I know this is a good old question. It will be really great if someone can provide a check list to recover when such a thing happens. I am looking for answers of the following questions  -

1.       Which parameters to tune in the config files? – Especially looking for heavy writes

2.       What is the difference between TimedOutException and silently dropping mutation messages while operating on a CL of QUORUM.

Regards,

Dushyant

NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege. Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley you consent to the foregoing.