cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Garvita Mehta <garvita.me...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: information on cassandra
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:07:58 GMT
to use cassandra on single node, as its basic definition says if a node fails, data still
remains in the system, atleast 3 nodes must be there&nbsp;while setting up a cassandra
cluster.&nbsp;<BR><BR><BR>Garvita Mehta<BR>CEG - Open Source Technology
Group<BR>Tata Consultancy Services<BR>Ph:- +91 22 67324756<BR>Mailto: garvita.mehta@tcs.com<BR>Website:
http://www.tcs.com<BR>____________________________________________<BR>Experience
certainty. IT Services<BR>Business Solutions<BR>Outsourcing<BR>____________________________________________<BR><BR><FONT
color=#990099>-----puneet loya <PUNEETLOYA@GMAIL.COM>wrote: -----</FONT>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: black 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px;
MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">To: user@cassandra.apache.org<BR>From: puneet
loya &lt;puneetloya@gmail.com&gt;<BR>Date: 03/24/2012 06:36PM<BR>Subject:
Fwd: information on cassandra<BR><BR>
<DIV class=gmail_quote><BR><BR>hi,
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>I m puneet, an engineering student. I would like to know that, is cassandra useful
considering we just have a single node(rather a single system) having all the information.</DIV>
<DIV>I m looking for decent response time for the database. can you please respond?</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>Thank you ,</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>Regards,</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>Puneet Loya</DIV></DIV><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV>
Notice: The information contained in this e-mail<br>
message and/or attachments to it may contain <br>
confidential or privileged information. If you are <br>
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, <br>
review, distribution, printing or copying of the <br>
information contained in this e-mail message <br>
and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If <br>
you have received this communication in error, <br>
please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and <br>
immediately and permanently delete the message <br>
and any attachments. Thank you</p>