cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Nick Bailey <n...@datastax.com>
Subject Re: what other ports than 7199 need to be open for nodetool to work?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 19:50:54 GMT
You are correct about the second random dynamic port. There is a
ticket open to fix that as well as some other jmx issues:

Regarding nodetool, it doesn't do anything special. Nodetool is often
used to connect to 'localhost' which generally does not have any
firewall rules at all so it usually works. It is still connecting to a
random second port though.