cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Brian O'Neill" <>
Subject Cassandra Indexing: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 01:24:23 GMT
Over the past 9 months, we've learned a lot about indexing in Cassandra and
we've had a few false starts.  I've tried to capture what we learned in the
hopes that we can save a few others from false starts.

We've also released some code in the hopes of making it easier to implement
wide-row indexes.

Its more AOP code (just like our cassandra-triggers) that implements
wide-row indexing for you.
Just configure which column families you want indexed, and on which columns
you want the index and let the AOP take care of the rest.
It is still very much in its infancy, but as always -- comments are
(especially if we have something wrong ;)

Brian ONeill
Lead Architect, Health Market Science (

View raw message