cassandra-user mailing list archives

From A J <s5a...@gmail.com>
Subject Does the 'batch' order matter ?
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 19:11:07 GMT
I know batch operations are not atomic but does the success of a write
imply all writes preceeding it in the batch were successful ?

For example, using cql:
BEGIN BATCH USING CONSISTENCY QUORUM AND TTL 8640000
  INSERT INTO users (KEY, password, name) VALUES ('user2',
'ch@ngem3b', 'second user')
  UPDATE users SET password = 'ps22dhds' WHERE KEY = 'user2'
  INSERT INTO users (KEY, password) VALUES ('user3', 'ch@ngem3c')
  DELETE name FROM users WHERE key = 'user2'
  INSERT INTO users (KEY, password, name) VALUES ('user4',
'ch@ngem3c', 'Andrew')
APPLY BATCH;

Say the batch failed but I see that the third write was present on a
node. Does it imply that the first insert and the second update
definitely made to that node as well ?

Thanks.