cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Yiming Sun <yiming....@gmail.com>
Subject a question on cassandra data file size
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:01:13 GMT
Hi,

I have a question on the size of cassandra data files.  After we upgraded
from cassandra 0.8 to 1.0, and changed our schema to use regular columns
instead of supercolumns, the aggregated size of cassandra data files
reduced by more than half.  The source data set is the same, and we didn't
set any compression options in the new schema.

The reduction of data file is good, but we still would like to know a
little more about the reason behind this reduction.  Could someone
enlighten me, please?  Thanks.

-- Y.