cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Another consistency level problem
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:55:34 GMT
Sounds like a problem in your code.

You will have consistent behaviour when running a single cassandra node and CL ALL.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 20/03/2012, at 1:54 AM, Everton Lima wrote:

> Hello people, I was having the following problem:
>
> I was running a single node of Cassandra, using cassandra's consistency level ALL. My
program (in java) is a B-Tree like and a node store how many childrens it has. In every update
my app do, like a insert of a new children, it do a commit, saving the update in commitlog.
 But the problem is: when I try to recover the value of how many children a node has (when
it should answer 0) it answer 4 or 5 (not deterministic). The interesting is that if I put
a Thread.sleep(1), it works right.