cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: create column family
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:37:32 GMT
Background: http://www.datastax.com/docs/1.0/references/cql/CREATE_COLUMNFAMILY

What error are you getting ? This works for me.

cqlsh> use dev;
cqlsh:dev> create COLUMNFAMILY users
       ... (KEY uuid  PRIMARY KEY,
       ... firstname text,
       ... lastname text,
       ... email text,
       ... address text,
       ... zip int,
       ... state text);
cqlsh:dev> describe columnfamilies;

users  student

cqlsh:dev> describe columnfamily users;

CREATE COLUMNFAMILY users (
  KEY uuid PRIMARY KEY,
  address text,
  lastname text,
  email text,
  firstname text,
  state text,
  zip int
) WITH
  comment='' AND
  comparator=text AND
  row_cache_provider='ConcurrentLinkedHashCacheProvider' AND
  key_cache_size=200000.000000 AND
  row_cache_size=0.000000 AND
  read_repair_chance=0.100000 AND
  gc_grace_seconds=864000 AND
  default_validation=text AND
  min_compaction_threshold=4 AND
  max_compaction_threshold=32 AND
  row_cache_save_period_in_seconds=0 AND
  key_cache_save_period_in_seconds=14400 AND
  replicate_on_write=True;

cqlsh:dev>

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 28/03/2012, at 2:22 AM, puneet loya wrote:

> how to use cql??
>
> Rite now i m running dis file cassandra-cli.bat
>
> i connect localhost/9160;
>
> den i went into use pun;  //its a keyspace
>
> using the create statement
>
> create COLUMNFAMILY users
>
> (KY uuid  PRIMARY KEY,
>
> firstname text,
>
> lastname text,
>
> email text,
>
> address text,
>
> zip int,
>
> state text);
>

> it is gining error??
>
> how to write in cql??
>
> do we have to shift to some other environment.. for using cql
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Rishabh Agrawal <rishabh.agrawal@impetus.co.in>
wrote:
> If you are using cql then following statement is more apt:
>

> create COLUMNFAMILY users
>
> (KY uuid  PRIMARY KEY,
>
> firstname text,
>
> lastname text,
>
> email text,
>
> address text,
>
> zip int,
>
> state text);

our Big Data quick-start program at the event.

> New Impetus webcast ‘Cloud-enabled Performance Testing vis-à-vis On-premise’ available
at http://bit.ly/z6zT4L.

interception or interference.