cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: data model question
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 09:13:26 GMT
In this case, where you know the query upfront, I add a custom secondary index using another
CF to support the query. It's a little easier here because the data wont change.

UserLookupCF (using composite types for the key value)

row_key: <system_name:id> e.g. "facebook:12345" or "twitter:12345"
col_name : <internal_user_id> e.g. "5678"
col_value: empty

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 11/03/2012, at 11:15 PM, Tamar Fraenkel wrote:

> Hi!
> Thanks for the response.
> From what I read, secondary indices are good only for columns with few possible values.
Is this a good fit for my case? I have unique facebook id for every user.