cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Get few rows by composite key.
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:07:40 GMT
> Is there any way to take rows with first key's part equals AA and second more or equal
BB?
Do a range slice starting with (AA:BB:) and without a finish row.
Remember that range slices (of rows) are not in order when using the Random Partitioner.So
you will also get back rows that have a lower key.

> Can someone show query that will fetch all rows match to this condition:  ( AA:(part
2>= BB)  ) or ( key == (BB:CC) )
You have to use the technique above. But the rows are not returned in key order when using
the RandomPartitioner. So if this is an important query for you consider changing the Data
Model to support it.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer