cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Regarding nodetool tpstats
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:18:28 GMT
Work is broken up into a series of stages.

- ReadStage - performing a local read.
- RequestResponseStage - handling responses from other nodes.
- MutationStage - performing a local write.
- ReplicateOnWriteStage - for counter writes, replicates after a local write
- GossipStage - handles gossip rounds (ever second)
- AntiEntropyStage - repairs consistency (nodetool reapir)
- MigrationStage - schema changes
- MemtablePostFlusher - flush commit log (and other things) after flushing memtable.
- StreamStage - streams data between nodes during repair
- FlushWrite - Flush memtable to disk
- MiscStage - does misc stuff
- InternalResponseStage - not sure.
- HintedHandoff - sends missed mutations to other nodes.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 23/03/2012, at 9:49 PM, Rishabh Agrawal wrote:

> Hello
> I am new to Cassandra and when I run tpstats on my node (Cassandra 1.0.7) I get following
output:

> Pool Name                    Active   Pending      Completed   Blocked  All time blocked
> ReadStage                         0         0             12         0
  0
> RequestResponseStage              0         0             20         0
  0
> MutationStage                     0         0             14         0
  0
> ReadRepairStage                   0         0             14         0
  0
> ReplicateOnWriteStage             0         0              0         0
  0
> GossipStage                       0         0         273665         0
  0
> AntiEntropyStage                  0         0              0         0
  0
> MigrationStage                    0         0            119         0
  0
> MemtablePostFlusher               0         0             13         0
  0
> StreamStage                       0         0              0         0
  0
> FlushWriter                       0         0             13         0
  0
> MiscStage                         0         0              0         0
  0
> InternalResponseStage             0         0            318         0
  0
> HintedHandoff                     0         0              2         0
  0

> Can anyone help with what each pool name stands for?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Rishabh Agrawal
>

> Impetus to sponsor and exhibit at Structure Data 2012, NY; Mar 21-22. Know more about
our Big Data quick-start program at the event.

> New Impetus webcast ‘Cloud-enabled Performance Testing vis-à-vis On-premise’ available
at http://bit.ly/z6zT4L.

interception or interference.