cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: CQL through script file.
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 23:18:55 GMT
There is a bulk loading API http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading

If you already have it in a big CQL script you can pass it to stdin…

$ ./cqlsh < cql-script.txt

Using the bulk loader will be faster, but if it is a once off I would split the file, start
multiple clients and go and get a coffee.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 27/03/2012, at 9:49 PM, Rishabh Agrawal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have created a file which contains a batch of 150,000 inserts. Now I wish to run this
file in cqlsh as script file. Is it possible and is there any other way to perform these 1,50,000
inserts.

> Regards
> Rishabh Agrawal
>

> Impetus to sponsor and exhibit at Structure Data 2012, NY; Mar 21-22. Know more about
our Big Data quick-start program at the event.

> New Impetus webcast ‘Cloud-enabled Performance Testing vis-à-vis On-premise’ available
at http://bit.ly/z6zT4L.

interception or interference.