cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: can't find rows
Date Mon, 05 Mar 2012 09:35:03 GMT
am guessing a lot here, but I would check if auto_bootstrap is enabled. It is by default.

When a new node joins reads are not directed to it until it is marked as "UP" (writes are
sent to it as it is joining). So reads should continue to go to the original UP node.

Sounds like it's all running now. If you get see it again can you provide some detailed steps
such as the type of query and the CL level.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 2/03/2012, at 7:35 AM, Casey Deccio wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 9:33 AM, aaron morton <aaron@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> What RF were you using and had you been running repair regularly ?
>

> RF 1 *sigh*.  Waiting until I have more/better resources to use RF > 1.  Hopefully
soon.

> In the mean time... Oddly (to me), when I removed the most recently added node, all my
rows re-appeared, but were only up-to-date as of a 10 days ago (a few days before I added
the node).  None of the supercolumns since then show up.  But when I look at the sstable files
on the different nodes, I see large files with timestamps in between that date and today's,
which makes me think the data is still there.  Also, if I re-add the troublesome new node
(not having run cleanup), all rows are again inaccessible until I again decommission it.