cassandra-user mailing list archives

From "Frisch, Michael" <Michael.Fri...@nuance.com>
Subject Secondary indexes don't go away after metadata change
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 13:53:48 GMT
I have a few column families that I decided to get rid of the secondary indexes on.  I see
that there aren't any new index SSTables being created, but all of the old ones remain (some
from as far back as September).  Is it safe to just delete then when the node is offline?
 Should I run clean-up or scrub?

Also, when adding a new node to the ring the new node will build indexes for the ones that
supposedly don't exist any longer.  Is this supposed to happen?  Would this have happened
if I had deleted the old SSTables from the previously existing nodes?

The nodes in question have either been upgraded from v0.8.1 => v1.0.2 (scrubbed at this
time) => v1.0.6 or from v1.0.2 => v1.0.6.  The secondary index was dropped when the
nodes were version 1.0.6.  The new node added was also 1.0.6.

- Mike