cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Node joining / unknown
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 09:37:13 GMT
> - When I try to remove the token, it says: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
Token not found.
Am assuming you ran nodetool removetoken on a node other than the joining node? What  did
nodetool ring look like on that machine ?

Take a look at nodetool netstats on the joining node to see if streaming has failed. If it's
dead then…

1) Try restarting the joining node and run nodetool repair on it immediately. Note: am assuming
QUOURM CL otherwise things may get inconsistent.
or
2) Stop the node. Try to get remove the token again from another node. Node that removing
a token will stream data around the place as well.

Cheers

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton