cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Radim Kolar <...@filez.com>
Subject Re: Advice on architecture
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:11:12 GMT

> I'm also trying to evaluate different strategies for RAID0 as drive
> for cassandra data storage. If I need 2T space to keep node tables,
> which drive configuration is better: 1T x 2drives or 500G x 4drives?
more drives is always better.
> Which stripe size is optimal?
smaller stripe sizes are better for reads, larger for writes. optimal
stripe size depends on index sampling interval and average read size.
> Should I use hardware raid or linux raid is ok?
expensive ($500) HW raid is way better (about 2.5x faster)  if you can
get it. Linux raid is better then cheap hw raid. Also expensive RAID
cards are way easier to manage.