cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Mikael Wikblom <mikael.wikb...@sitevision.se>
Subject Re: Bootstrapping a new node to a running cluster
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 07:56:22 GMT
ok, thank you both for the clarification. So the correct approach would
be to bootstrap the new node and run repair on each of the nodes in the
cluster.

I'm a bit puzzled though, I just tried to increase R to 3 in a cluster
with N=2. It serves reads and writes without issues CL.one. Is the
described restriction is something that will be implemented in the future?

Thank you
Regards

--
Mikael Wikblom