cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Jim Newsham <jnews...@referentia.com>
Subject Re: snapshot files locked
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:04:40 GMT

Hi Maki,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I understand that snapshots are hard links.
However, my understanding is that removing any hard-linked files just
removes the link (decrementing the link counter of the file on disk) --
it does not delete the file itself nor remove any other links which may
be pointing at the file.  To confirm my understanding, I tested this in
Windows by terminating Cassandra and then deleting all files in the
snapshot dir.  None of the corresponding files in the parent keyspace
directory were removed.

Regards,
Jim