cassandra-user mailing list archives

From Dave Brosius <dbros...@mebigfatguy.com>
Subject Re: key sorting question
Date Wed, 07 Mar 2012 06:55:50 GMT
With random partitioner, the rows are sorted by the hashes of the keys,
so for all intents and purposes, not sorted.

This comment below really is talking about how columns are sorted, and
yes when time uuids are used, they are sorted by the time component, as
a time uuids start with the time component and then adds various
randomness bits.