cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: cassandra-cli and "uncreachable" status confusion
Date Mon, 19 Mar 2012 17:18:01 GMT
There is a server side check to ensure that all available nodes share the same schema version.

The migration will proceed though if any of the nodes are unavailable.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 17/03/2012, at 11:07 AM, Shoaib Mir wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> While creating schema on our cluster today I didn't get any errors even when some of
the hosts in the cluster were unreachable (not the ones in the same data centre but in another
region). cli kept on showing all nodes agreeing where all nodes were agreeing.

> Now after this when I did "describe cluster" I did get appropriate "unreachable" messages
for the nodes that were timing out on connections.

> Can someone please explain if at the time of schema creation does the nodes just talk
to other nodes within the DC for agreement or it has to talk to each and every node within
the whole cluster before agreeing on schema changes?