cassandra-user mailing list archives

From aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>
Subject Re: Truncate flushes memtables for all CFs causing timeouts
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2012 20:34:28 GMT
> Truncate uses RPC timeout, which is in my case set to 10 seconds (I want even less) and
it's not enough. I've seen in sources TODO for this case.
created

> Is it possible to flush only required CF for truncate, not all? This could improve truncate
time.
see code comments here https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/src/java/org/apache/cassandra/db/ColumnFamilyStore.java#L1681

AFAIK truncate is not considered a regular operation. (All nodes must be online for example)

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton
http://www.thelastpickle.com

On 7/03/2012, at 1:34 AM, Viktor Jevdokimov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Truncate uses RPC timeout, which is in my case set to 10 seconds (I want even less) and
it's not enough. I've seen in sources TODO for this case.

> What I found is that truncate starting flush for all memtables for all CFs, not only
for a CF to be truncated. When there're a lot of CFs to be flushed, it takes time.